All braced up!!!!Here are some DO’S and DON’T’S
Anyone there with braces and having difficulty getting used to them?? Don’t worry you are not alone. Braces feel awkward for many, at least for the initial few months, until you are used to it. However, the long term outcome of a beautiful cheerful smile keeps you going…
And in order to get the smile quicker and at ease, it is essential to take care of what to do and not to do during the treatment.
So folks, here is a list of the Do’s and Dont’s during Orthodontic treatment.
Dont’s during orthodontics treatment
- Do not eat hard sticky foods. Biscuits, hard sweets, caramel based chocolates are a definite no-no!! As tempting as they appear, they stick over teeth to create a focus for bacterial
- Do not bite fruits with your front teeth. Fruits need to be cut before they are consumed. Else can be consumed in form of juice or can be steamed a bit to make them soft.
- No junk food– which included chips and popcorns. Avoid hard candy,ice,jerky nuts,pizza crust
- Do not gnaw bone or corn cobs!!
- Also chewing on pens and pencils-STRICYLY a big no no.
- Stay away from aerated drinks. It would cause a loss of enamel and chances of decay can increase due to consumption of aerated drinks.
- Also make sure you get your teeth cleaned once in 6 months.
Do’s during orthodontic treatment:
- Proper brushing is most essential as the food tends to get struck along the corner if the brackets. An orthodontic tooth brush could be used for the same
in addition to an interdental brush and a fluoridated mouth wash.
- Brush twice a day and don’t forget to use a Fluoridated mouthwash after brushing!!!
- It is normal to feel pain and discomfort after starting treatment. If the pain get unbearable (that is not very likely),paracetamol or ibruprofen will help reduce pain. If the inner surface of your cheek and lips start to develop ulcers, applying a topical anesthetic gel, which is usually prescribed by our specialists over the ulcer or some amount of orthodontic wax over the sharp margin will help.
- Also it is essential that you report any breakages or dislodgement of brackets to your orthodontist immediately. It is essential to get it fixed soon so that treatment stays on track.
So remember to think twice before you munch on anything and remember to take good care of your braces to finish your treatment on time!!
Ivory smiles dental clinic is the best orthodontic centre in Hsr layout Bangalore. Feel free to schedule an appointment with our team of orthodontists if you desire a beautiful smile.
Hope these tips help!!
Thanks for stopping by!!